Surprised? It turns out there are many startling facts about how weight training affects weight loss in women. According to nerdfitness.com, these are seven of the biggest ones:
- You won’t get bulky from picking up heavy things – you will tone beautifully.
- Targeted exercise won’t change where fat is lost – rather do whole-body training.
- Strength training burns fat more efficiently than cardio.
- Everybody reacts to diet and training differently – find something that works for you.
- There’s no reason men and women should train differently.
- Eating less isn’t the most effective weight-loss strategy – eating the right foods is.
- Post-menopause is the perfect time to strength train.
Ultimately, the best way to train is the way that makes you happy. But, if it’s fat-loss you’re after, strength training (like the training we offer in our Pilates classes) often comes out tops.